Saturday, April 23, 2011

All hail the sippee cup

Look, Grandma, no drops, no spill, no muss, no fuss. Obviously the sippee cup was invented by a grandparent, or at least a very intelligent person, or perhaps I just said the same thing twice, which I do regularly.







Anyway, Doris and I had the grandkids here last weekend, which was the cause of much excitement, some of it unplanned.







We did some gardening. . .






and planted some, um, trees (??)











re-chalked the sidewalk. . .







and . . . well, not sure what we were doing here other than having fun.






 
A couple of cogent observations:

  • The Lord was very wise when He determined to give children to the very young.
  • I did not realize I was this old.
  • I can keep up if I have thirteen hours of sleep a night, plus a long nap during the day.
  • The United States energy problem is solved as soon as someone figures out how to harness a five-year old to a power-generating treadmill.
  • Just like children, sippee cups are a gift from the Lord.
  • My wife has the patience of Job, the gentleness of a saint, and the wisdom to always know what to do when the little one stuffs a bean up his nose.

3 comments:

  1. LOL...I obviously have not heard about the bean-in-the-nose story...awesome. I look forward to hearing more about that at a future date. Love the pictures. Thank you for watching the kids this weekend, we are very appreciative and are so glad that our kids get to spend some time with their Gpa & Gma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bean-in-the-nose incident is from when you guys were kids. Forgot who did it. We had a fun weekend with the kids.[reposted this and deleted the anonymous response - I hadn't figured out what I was doing :<( ]

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Cobb great granma Helen - All I can say is that Luke & Rory are incredibly blessed to have Chris and Doris as G'parents; esp when they also have such faithful parents. Their young life has a firm foundation!

    ReplyDelete