Saturday, April 7, 2012

Pictures from the book-signing

On March 24, I had my very first book-signing at Bread of Life bookstore, here in Greenville, Ohio.


I had no idea what to expect. Because I am a complete unknown (outside the fact that the folks who go to my church know me) I had visions of no one showing up, sort of like the scene in National Treasure II when Riley is sitting alone at his book-signing and the passersby are ignoring him.

Then I found out my crew was coming, Doris, Dani, and Lauri, and Luke and Rori, so I figured it would not be so bad.


Then folks from the church began to show up (thank you, BFCers!). Dani is shooting this pix, and Doris is watching the grandkids in the children's play area, which is why you don't see them here. The bookstore owner, Don Smearsoll is at the lower right. Thanks, Don and Susan, for making the Cobb clan comfortable and welcome, and for the publicity and all the little extras to make this a success!

Rich came by, and had me sign his Kindle. Couldn't believe it. That was a first!



Thank you to all who came, and to all who bought books (we sold seventeen!).


Brad was there! (Click the picture to see a larger version)








 Grace, Elijah, and Beth came.








Steve bought a copy for a friend.
 


 Rick and Cheryl, and others, were there as well.





A real big thanks to Doris, who has not only endured my foolishness, but constantly encourages me in my writing, even though it eats up large chunks of the time I have at home.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, who's that handsome dude in the red shirt and tie?!

    EL Cobber

    ReplyDelete