Friday, July 15, 2011

Problems leaving Comments???

Apparently the blogger software has sporadic difficulties allowing readers (or even blog owners) to post comments. If you have had this problem, there may be several things you can do to fix it. There is something you can do to reduce your difficulties, and there is something I can do as well.

First, I have changed the comment settings so that comments are entered in a pop-up box, rather than an embedded form. Supposedly, this cleared up the problem for some, according to the forums.

But you can also make a change that might help. If you are using Firefox, go into the settings and tell it to accept cookies from third-parties.

If you are using Internet Explorer, click Tools/Compatibility View Settings. You can add blogger.com and blogspot.com to the list of sites to show in compatibility view. I frankly do not have enough hair left on my head to risk losing another strand, so I just clicked the "Display all web sites in Compatibility View".

That's kind of a well-duh choice, for me, anyway. It's sort of like Microsoft asking, "Would you prefer your browser to work all the time, or would you rather enjoy it working erratically and unpredictably? You'll get a few cool features if you don't mind that it does not work. Your choice. . . "

Ok, don't get me started on my anti-Microsoft rant. It is hard to imagine any company working as hard to destroy customer loyalty, as does Microsoft. But hey, great companies rise, and great companies fall. Why shouldn't it happen to MS, also?

Anyway, in all fairness, it appears that this problem is Google's as much as it is Microsoft's. The problem with posting on Blogger (Google) has been in the forums since 2008. Hard to believe that they still have not fixed it. Perhaps it's a perfect storm of difficulties.

So - if you have had difficulty commenting on my blog, could you please try again on this post. I am curious to see if anything I/you do helps. You can contact me at chcobb@woh.rr.com if you are unable to post. I'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. Yo, Cobb, this is your evil twin. I am taking my own medicine, to see if I can comment on my own blog. Here goes nuthin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you did seems to be working. So now I can finally leave a comment. :)

    You are giving a bad rap on twins here.

    ReplyDelete