Tuesday, March 22, 2011

ABNA Refugee

I did not make the cut, or, more precisely, I was cut. Bummer. The ABNA is the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award competition. I had an entry in the competition, and made the first cut but not the second. You can see the excerpt here [NO, YOU CAN'T. As of 4/14, I have deleted the ugly thing!] [As of 5/21, you can find the pitch and re-written chapter one here]

The critiques were actually quite good, and very fair. But it's still a bummer.

My novel is a post-apocalyptic story about which I am not going to say a great deal more - at least, not right now. It is scheduled for a major re-write, which will probably start tomorrow night.

I expect to use the Thoughtspot to publish some of my shorter stuff, as well as for the political meanderings of a heavily opinionated mind. And probably some comments on biblical topics as well.

1 comment:

  1. Major bummer, Chris! So sorry to hear you are out of the running -- *this* time. There will always be next year, though.

    ReplyDelete