Friday, September 28, 2012

Outlander gets an eighth review!

Ken Snell posted a great review of Outlander Chronicles: Phoenix (OCP) on Amazon, giving the book five stars. You can read the review here. Full disclosure: Ken is my son-in-law's dad (but the review was unsolicited).

Sales of OCP have been very slow. The problem is that there is very little visibility to hook someone who's looking for a good book to read. Without an expensive marketing effort, few know the book is even there.Word-of-mouth accounts for almost all the sales.


Amazon reviews are helpful, because they provide additional information and credibilty for the person who just happens to see a title that catches their interest while browsing.


I was belly-aching about the slow sales to Ken in an email, and he reminded me of an important piece of theology that I need to keep in mind:
"Rest assured of one thing.... every copy sold has the Lord's plan stamped on it; one day, you'll learn what that plan was for each copy and person!"
It was very encouraging to be reminded of that truth!

I've been working steadily on my next novel, Falcon Down while Doris and I have been on vacation, and reached an important milestone: I am over half-way finished! The manuscript is over 41,000 words in length to date, of a planned 80,000 total. Sometime this fall I anticipate being able to display the cover. 


I've also made progress on my Psalm 90 study, and still anticipate releasing that this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment