Thursday, December 1, 2011

Running Report

Perhaps I should say, walking report. First, an admission. I have fallen off the exercise bandwagon big-time. Second, an empty promise: I am climbing back on the exercise bandwagon.

Today Dor and I got out and ran again. Sort of. For me, it was the first time in at least three weeks. Whoever said, Use it or lose it knew whereof they spake. I lost it.

Did my 3.2 miles in just shy of 33 minutes. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. . .

Somehow since this summer when I gained the lower body of Jesse Owens and the upper body of Ahnold (there might be a slight exaggeration here), I've lost a little ground (there might be some understatement there).

For example, yesterday at church I had to get the decoration ladies to help me lift a Christmas tree. How embarrasing! But it did convince me to get back to work with my exercise regime.

Doris and I are running (or more accurately, participating) in the Coldwater Jingle Bell 5K, so I really do need to get my act together. Hope to see all the BFC runners there!

No comments:

Post a Comment