Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Status update on Outlander Chronicles: Phoenix

I took a vacation day today for a "writing marathon" and at long last completed my re-write of Outlander Chronicles: Phoenix. I am very pleased with the final product; many thanks to my son, Joshua, for a long but needed list of recommended corrections and changes, nearly all of which found their way into the final version.

The changes include grammatical (I probably wacked 30% of the adverbs I had used in earlier versions and used more contractions); stylistic (I tried to eliminate my tendency to over-explain and tightened up the dialog); technical (M4s use magazines, not clips); characterization (Jacen is no longer so naive and there is more lead-up to some of his blowups); and structure (there are some deleted scenes and some added scenes).

Next up: I need to select an independent publisher, get the cover designed, reformat the files for E-readers as well as print-on-demand format, secure an ISBN and Library of Congress catalog number, and that's about it.

My next project is The Candidate, and I can't wait to get started on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment